If you've already set up your account, we recommend downloading the DTN Management App for the best experience. You can use your resident login credentials and the app also can remember your password. If you choose not to use the app, you can log in to resident portal instead.
A. The first step is to add a payment account. You have a few options to make your payments, including Bank Account ($0.95-$1.00 fee per transaction), Debit Card ($2.95-$3.95 fee per transaction), Credit Card (% of payment fee per transaction. Amex: 3.00%, Visa: 2.20%, MasterCard: 2.20%, Diners: 2.20%, Discover: 2.20%). ABOUT SERVICE FEES: Fee does not go to the property management company. The service fee will not display on your ledger. Service fee is non-refundable.
A. There are a few options:
- ONE TIME PAYMENT: You can opt to make a one-time payment each month. If you and your roommate are paying at the same time, please make sure you are not trying to pay the same charges, as your payment make not process correctly (or allow 10-15 minutes before making your payment.) Please note, if you are setting up auto pay on the day you want it to pull each month, you will need to make a one time payment. For example, you set up on the 1st to pay on the 1st each month, make a one-time payment today.
- PAY MY ACCOUNT IN FULL: This auto pay option pays whatever is owed, up to the amount you have set for "max pay". It is helpful to have a small buffer amount above your average monthly charges, this option will only pay what is owed. Please note, if you are sharing lease costs with roommates this is not the option you want. Be mindful of the dates you set to start and end your auto pay. If you are setting up auto pay on the day you want it to pull each month, you will need to make a one time payment. *Auto pay is only available for current residents.
- SHARE LEASE COSTS WITH ROOMMATES: This auto pay option pays a set amount each month. If your costs may vary, it is important to monitor to make sure your account is paid in full before the end of the day on the 4th to avoid late fees. Be mindful of the dates you set to start and end your auto pay. If you are setting up auto pay on the day you want it to pull each month, you will need to make a one time payment. *Auto pay is only available for current residents.
A.You will need to verify the bank account in order to make a payment or set up auto pay using that account.
A verified bank account does not ensure that future payments will be successful.
- A small deposit (less than $1) will be paid to your account within THREE BUSINESS DAYS.
- After receiving the deposit you'll need to return to the Payment Accounts tab in the Resident Account (or in the App) and click the VERIFY button that appears next to the bank account you've added.
- If the amount you enter matches the amount we paid to your bank account you'll then be able to make a payment from that account.
To locate the amount paid to the account you've added, look for the deposit that's labeled “BANK VERIFY” - whether looking at your account online or at a bank account statement.
- DON'T SEE A DEPOSIT? If you don't see the small amount paid to your account within THREE BUSINESS DAYS, it's likely the bank account information was entered incorrectly. You should try again and be certain to enter the correct bank routing and account numbers.
- FAILED VERIFICATION? If the bank account verification processes fails, it's likely that you've repeatedly entered an incorrect deposit amount. Your bank account will no longer be visible on the payments account tab when this happens.
- BANK ACCOUNT HOLDER'S NAME: Make sure to use the bank account holder's name (first and last name), not an account nickname when entering a bank account.
- FULL ACCOUNT NUMBER: Your full bank account number is required. This includes Share ID or Suffix (usually 2 digits on the end)
- If these two pieces of information above are entered incorrectly or incomplete, your payment may not process correctly and you will be subject to fees.
A. Auto pay offers convenience to pay each month. Please keep in mind:
- WHEN YOU SET UP AUTO PAY: If you are setting up auto pay on the day you want it to pull each month, you will need to make a one time payment. For example, you set up on the 1st to pay on the 1st each month, make a one-time payment today.
- END DATE FOR AUTO PAY: Make sure that the end date you set aligns with your last payment due. If you're uncertain, contact your leasing office. *Auto pay is only available for current residents.
- AUTO PAY DIDN'T PULL? Please check dates and "pay on" date. If your auto pay expires (set to end before payment is due or due to pull) that is the most common reason. Also, check your payment account/source - if you are using a card, has it expired? Is there a potential issue with the payment itself? The leasing office can help. PRO TIP: When you set up auto pay, you also receive an email with the information/settings selected. This is great to keep for your records to refer to at a later date.
- UPDATING AUTO PAY: If a payment is in progress, the system will require you to wait to delete/modify.
- UPDATING PAYMENT ACCOUNT: If you have a current auto pay set up, you will need to delete that auto pay in order to modify your payment account, then set your auto pay back up after payment account is updated.
A. This means someone in your apartment has set up auto pay using "pay my account in full" - which prevents anyone else from setting up auto pay. Connect with your roommate to have them change their auto pay option to "share lease costs with roommates. Once that is done, you will be able to set up auto pay using that option as well. *Auto pay is only available for current residents.
A. This likely means your card is under your roommate's account instead. Connect with your roommate to have them remove your card so you can add to your resident account.
A. Absolutely. There is an option to change the payment amount on any line item.
A. You have an option to make an extra payment as well. If nothing else is owed, this will appear as an "unapplied credit."
FOR BANK ACCOUNTS: Verification is required before an account can be used to make payments.
- To verify your bank account, Yardi Systems will submit a deposit labeled Bank Verify of less than one dollar to your bank account.
- After you see this amount deposited to your bank account, log in to your Resident Portal account and confirm the amount that was deposited to complete the verification.
- Please allow 48 hours from the time when you added your bank account for the deposit to appear. Learn more about bank account verification here.
A. There are a few reasons this can happen. Here are recommended troubleshooting steps:
- Log out and back into your account to see if it shows up. It may take 5-10 minutes to show up.
- Log out, clear your browser history for "all time" and log back in.
- Check to see if your card is on a roommates account instead. If it is, have your roommate remove your card so you can add it to your account.
- There is a troubleshooting option in RentCafe regarding adding a credit card.
A. It is best to have your account resident account. This protects your payment accounts/banking information and associates payments with your name/account.
A. On a browser, your ledger can be found under "recent activity" tab. In the DTN Management App, go to the three bars for menu >> payments >> recent activity
A. If you are making a payment and your roommate is making a payment, make sure to allow 10-15 minutes between those payments. If 2 roommates pay the same charge (technology fee, for example), the first one to process will pull the payment, the second one will not. In other words, you will submit a payment for $500 total, but if an $80 tech fee was also paid by your roommate, only $420 will come out of your account, leaving a balance of $80 on the account.
HOW TO AVOID: Wait 10-15 minutes after a roommate makes a payment to make yours.
A. There are a few reasons this can happen with a bank account payment. The bank receives your information exactly as it is entered. The two most likely issues are if your account number was incomplete (missing the share ID/suffix) OR if you used an account nickname instead of the bank account holder's name.
- FULL ACCOUNT NUMBER REQUIRED: This includes two digits to distinguish between savings and checking. Your FULL account number is not the same for savings and checking, even though they may share the same base account number. Your financial institution may include additional digits (sometimes referred as the ‘Share ID’ or ‘Suffix’) as part of the checking or savings account number. Do not rely on numbers printed on your bank statement which may only show your base account number and not your actual checking or savings account number. If you are unsure about this information, please contact your banking institution to confirm your FULL account number for your savings or checking account, whichever you would like to make a payment with. If you do not include your FULL account number, your payment may not process correctly and you will be subject to fees.
- USE BANK ACCOUNT HOLDER'S NAME (NOT ACCOUNT NICKNAME): Make sure to use the bank account holder's name, not an account nickname. The bank receives the information exactly as you enter it. If the name (first and last name) provided for the bank account doesn't match, your payment is likely to be rejected by the bank and you will be subject to fees.
A. Please contact your leasing office for assistance.
A. Check your card details to ensure they were entered correctly and that your card has not expired. If this information is correct, we recommend contacting your banking institution. It is possible they have a limit on your card (usually for protection) or there is something else interferring with your ability to make the payment.
A. Your leasing office will be the best resource to assist you with any questions regarding charges. For Yes Management Utilities, check out the resident resources in your online account.
Still need help? We're here for you! Email [email protected], provide the name of your DTN community, your first and last name and the email address for your account so we may better assist you.
Have questions about a charge on your account? Your leasing office is the best resource www.dtnmgt.com/contactus
International student resources
If you need assistance from our international ambassador, email [email protected]
or contact via WeChat